Friday, July 20, 2012

A woodburning camp stove....(- Wait for it....with a USB charger!...)

Holy shit-a-ree.....Some people might be familiar with, or have even used the ZZtove, a long time near curiosity of the backpacking stove market( which heats dinner via a tiny fan and  bits of  wood charcoal, or even dung....I shit you not...so to speak...) . A newer cyber era twist has now hit the market in the form of the Biolite Campstove, which not only uses the uses the fam powered woodstove concept of its older sibling, mut also integrates a heat exchaner to provide power to a USB plug for recharging your mobile devices....
The iPacker crowd is perhaps rejoicing and saving pennies to purchase this little bit of insurance against ever having to be without Jay-z or their Twitter feed again- I, however find myself firmly in the " I will be tempted to smash this if I ever see it in the wild" camp....We shall see... I can see certain advantages- If one truly needs to make a rescue call, or need to top off a GPS in dire circumstances, It could be a true lifesaving product....I guess we'll have to rely on our good judgements....I tend to believe that trait is in short supply however and expect to see even more iZombies, even further from the roadhead in remote places....

No comments:

Post a Comment