Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Evernew Titanium Alchol Stove

For a good decade I ( and countless others, I might add...) have been tinkering with homemade alchohol stoves made from anything lightweight and incombustible, mostly beer and food cans, with some - shall I say "more exotic " choices too...Most every one I built worked just fine, with minor caveats, namely I was always a touch concerned that on a more serious trip, or in a "must have " situation the  gossamer little things would fail some how- if not from the insubstantiality of the material, then from my backyard construction methods. YouTube is permeated with videos and tests of inumerable permutations on the idea, and  I have been wondering for much of the decade why some production manufacturer hasn't addressed this particular trend with a commercial entry in the game.
Now, someone has. Evernew (of Japan- a long time manufacturer of Titanium cookware) has a new Titanium Alcohol Stove, released for sale a few weeks ago that seems to be the same general design as the beercan stoves, but with the durability twist of titanium construction. I haven't read ANY reviews yet, but based on my experience with the homebuilts, in performance it should be a step up from the Trangia ( the alchohol stove market leader) and be a bit tougher than the homemades....
Cheers!

Comments?...

No comments:

Post a Comment